We currently have job openings for the following positions:
Please take a look at the job descriptions below. To submit your resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a local Santa Cruz solar and electrical contractor who has been in business for 15 years with a variety of projects including solar design/build, commercial electrical, commercial solar installations, residential electrical, residential solar installations, battery storage, electrical vehicle charging stations, and unique off grid solar applications.
We have an open position within our operations team for a Solar Installer for commercial/industrial/residential solar and electrical installations. This individual must be very comfortable working in a dynamic and demanding environment with challenges and direction coming from multiple departments. Experience with "real-life" construction and challenges is a must. They must be very organized, calm, and work well with others to achieve success. Our shop is located in Santa Cruz, but work can be based throughout the greater Bay Area and Central Coast. Travel is required
The candidate will be required to pass a background check and have a clean DMV record. Much of this type of work is around heavy equipment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Excited about working in a well-organized and efficient organization.
- Driven to succeed and advance in career.
- Motivation to develop electrical knowledge and skills
- Enjoys working in a well planned methodical work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PV array layout, racking types and methods
- Demonstrated proficiency in PV source circuit wiring
- Experience bending and installing conduit in accordance with NEC
- Attention to details, organization, documented follow through skills, and safety
- Job is physically demanding; full mobility and lifting ability required. Some physical requirements include lifting heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling, standing and bending for long periods of time
Benefits: We are excited to offer competitive wages affordable medical insurance and accrued vacation time. We also offer holiday pay, sick time and education expenses. This job is paid hourly at a rate of 40hrs/week.
Job Type: Full-time
Sandbar Solar & Electric has a long reputation as a high performing team of electrical design and construction professionals on the Central Coast of California. We perform all aspects of commercial electrical, commercial solar, residential solar, energy storage, and EV charging design-build projects. We have a full-time position available for an Electrician.
We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, company sponsored health and dental insurance, accrued vacation time, holiday and sick pay.
Candidates will be required to pass a background check and have a clean DMV record.
5+ years electrical experience preferred
CA Certified General Electrician preferred
Strong technical knowledge of Solar PV systems preferred, but not required
Professional workmanship and character
High energy level, works well in a team environment
Attention to details and safety
Basic office computer skills desired
Be able to clearly communicate with supervisors, customers, and Co-workers
Strong electrical and NEC knowledge
Installing Panelboards, Transformers, Solar PV Inverters, Power Monitoring equipment, etc.
Installing Conduit and pulling wire
Job is physically demanding so full mobility and lifting ability required
Work with electrical apprentices and trainees
Must have valid CA driver’s license and reliable transportation
High School Diploma or equivalent
Sandbar is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a local Santa Cruz solar and electrical contractor who has been in business for 20 years with a variety of projects including solar design/build, commercial electrical, commercial solar installations, residential electrical, residential solar installations, electrical vehicle charging stations, and unique off grid solar applications.
We have an open position for a full-time Electrical Estimator professional. This individual must be very comfortable working in a dynamic and demanding environment with deadlines and commitments. They must be very professional, organized, calm, and work well with others to achieve success. Candidate must have 5 years minimum experience in estimating or electrical project management. The Estimator will be working closely with the Senior Management, Project Management, Business Development teams and directly with clients and other contractors to achieve success in being awarded well scoped and budgeted projects.
The candidate will be required to pass a background check and have a clean DMV record
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Intake bid packages, organize project opportunities, and evaluate scope documents
- Interface with GC’s, Clients, and internal project teams to formulate an accurate response to requests.
- Draft scope and RFP responses
- Develop estimates
- Perform job walks and develop RFI’s as necessary to estimate projects
- Review past project budgets to continually develop accurate estimates and tools
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with management to develop more robust estimating tools
- Solicit RFP’s for both public and private work
Qualifications and Skills
- Electrical construction and contracting project experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects or developing estimates for electrical projects
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MSOffice products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Accubid experience preferred
- Detail-oriented, resourceful in completing tasks, and able to prioritize tasks effectively while remaining organized
We are excited to offer competitive wages affordable medical insurance and accrued vacation time. We also offer holiday pay, sick time and education expenses. Salary will be commensurate with experience.